Here is the profile of Sylvain Desforges, osteopath
The osteopathic care offered by Sylvain Desforges, Doctor of Osteopathy, is both very high tech and based on advanced studies after completing a Bachelor's degree and two doctorates. Moreover, you will be hard pressed to find a clinic offering such a diversity of services under one roof.
Childhood of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
At the age of 5, Sylvain Desforges, osteopath, already knew that he wanted to work in the health field.
- I was born in Montreal on November 27, 1964.
- But in 1965, at the age of 6 months, I was very sick and losing weight. No doctor knew what to do to keep me alive. That's when I was saved thanks to the adjustments of Dr. Jean-Paul Bergeron, chiropractor.
Studies and diplomas of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
Your osteopath has never stopped studying in order to offer you the best treatments. Indeed, her philosophy is: "If this treatment is good for my own mother, then it will be acceptable for my patients".
- I completed my CEGEP, in health sciences, at Édouard-Montpetit from 1982 to 1984.
- Afterwards, I completed a certificate in English as a Second Language at Concordia University in 1984.
- Afterwards, I graduated in 1990 from Palmer University in the state of Iowa, USA, after more than 5000 hours of training and 5 years of university. In addition, I obtained an undergraduate doctorate and a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in human biology and a double minor in philosophy and English.
- D. Palmer University (USA)
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology Palmer University (USA)
- Diploma in Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM): such as nutrition, homeopathy and food supplements
- Certificate in laser therapy.
- Accredited training in neurovertebral decompression by the Southern California University of Health Sciences (USA)
- Certificate in osteopathy Collège d'ostéopathie du Québec à Montréal (COQM)
- Diploma in Naturopathy Collège de Naturopathie du Québec à Montréal (CNQM)
- D. National University of Medical Sciences (Spain)
- Since then, I have completed thousands of hours of training in osteopathy, naturopathy and neuro-spinal decompression, laser therapyHe is a specialist in the fields of complementary medicine, functional medicine, nutrition, homeopathy and various manual medicine techniques, both structural, cranial and visceral.
- Certified in Sports Medicine by FIFA
Achievements of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
Sylvain Desforges is a hard worker who is always motivated by a job well done and by the desire to provide his patients with the most advanced treatments available.
- First, during my time at Palmer University, I was president of the Quebec Club and a member of the varsity field hockey and soccer teams.
- I have been in practice since 1991.
- In addition, I did a television series on the Vidéotron community television network, in 1992, concerning natural health care.
- From 2005 to 2014 I practiced at the "Clinique TAG" located in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
- In 2007, I introduced laser therapy in our clinic in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
- In 2007, I implemented neurovertebral decompression in our clinic in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
- In addition, I was appointed as an expert by the Office des professions du Québec to sit on a committee that was set up to regulate the practice of osteopathy in Quebec in 2008.
- In 2010, we opened our first neuro spinal decompression franchise in Laval.
- In addition, I undertook training in functional medicine in 2010.
- Also, in 2011, we opened two other neuro spinal decompression franchises in Montreal and Westmount.
- We have set up two other neuro-spinal decompression franchises in Quebec City and Gatineau in 2012.
- Also in 2012, we started our new clinic in Laval.
- In addition, we established another neuro spinal decompression franchise in Sherbrooke in 2013.
- In 2014, another clinic in Lachenaie (Terrebonne) this time was started.
- In addition, another neurovertebral decompression franchise opened in Jonquiere in 2015.
- Finally, in 2016, we opened another neurovertebral decompression franchise in Alma.
- In 2019, we have partnered (we are working on it as a consultant) with the Neurotherapy Montreal clinic, which specializes in neuropsychology and psychatology care.
- In 2021, we have partnered (we are working on it as a consultant) with the Beaumont Pain Clinic, which specializes in the treatment of chronic pain.
Competences of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
In addition, Sylvain Desforges osteopath uses a large number of techniques in his practice. Here is a non-exhaustive list:
- First, the Functional Techniques
- General Osteopathic Treatment (GOT)
- Monitoring of structural techniques (High velocity thrust technique)
- Then the neurological treatment (Reflex)
- In addition, therapies for athletes
- Not to mention the ergonomics
- Finally, Posturology
Member of several associations
- ACMA (Canadian Alliance of Alternative Medicine)
- COC (College of Canadian Osteopaths)
- ACODM (Canadian Association of Master Osteopaths)
President and founder of several associations
- ACMA Association (Canadian Alliance of Alternative Medicine)
- COC (College of Canadian Osteopaths)
Languages of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
- French (mother tongue)
- English (mastery)
Interests of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
- Sports: field hockey, soccer, skiing, cycling
- Music: classic rock
- Cinema, reading, nature, motorcycle
Therefore, your osteopath, Sylvain Desforges, has never stopped doing continuing education in order to offer you the most effective treatments possible based on current evidence.
For more details about our clinics, please visit our website www.cliniquetagmed.com