Here is the profile of Sylvain Desforges, osteopath
The osteopathic care offered by Sylvain Desforges, Doctor of Osteopathy, is both very high tech and based on advanced studies after completing a Bachelor's degree and two doctorates. Moreover, you will be hard pressed to find a clinic offering such a diversity of services under one roof.
Childhood of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
Dès l’âge de 5 ans, Sylvain Desforges osteopath savait déjà qu’il voulait travailler dans le domaine de la santé.
- I was born in Montreal on November 27, 1964.
- But, in 1965, at the age of 6 months, I was very ill and was losing weight. No doctor knew what to do to keep me alive. It was then that I was saved thanks to the adjustments of Dr. Jean-Paul Bergeron, chiropractor.
Studies and diplomas of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
Your osteopath has never stopped studying in order to offer you the best treatments. Indeed, his philosophy is the following: “if this treatment is good for my own mother, then it will be acceptable for my patients”.
- I completed my CEGEP, in health sciences, at Édouard-Montpetit from 1982 to 1984.
- Subsequently, I did a certificate in English as a second language at Concordia University in 1984.
- Afterwards, I graduated in 1990 from “Palmer University” in the state of Iowa, in the United States, after more than 5000 hours of training and 5 years of university. In addition, I obtained an undergraduate doctorate as well as a Bachelor of Science with a major in human biology and a double minor in philosophy and English.
- D. Palmer University (USA)
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology Palmer University (USA)
- Diploma in Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM): such as nutrition, homeopathy and food supplements
- Certificate in laser therapy.
- Accredited training in neurovertebral decompression by the Southern California University of Health Sciences (USA)
- Certificate in Osteopathy College of Osteopathy of Quebec in Montreal (COQM)
- Diploma in Naturopathy Collège de Naturopathie du Québec à Montréal (CNQM)
- D. National University of Medical Sciences (Spain)
- Since then, I have completed thousands of hours of training in osteopathy, naturopathy, neuro-spinal decompression, laser therapy, complementary medicine, functional medicine, nutrition, homeopathy and various structural, cranial and visceral manual medicine techniques.
Achievements of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
Sylvain Desforges is a hard worker who is always motivated by a job well done and by the desire to provide his patients with the most advanced treatments available.
- First, during my stay at “Palmer University”, I was president of the “Club du Québec” and a member of the university hockey and soccer team.
- I have been in practice since 1991.
- In addition, I did a television series on the Vidéotron community television network, in 1992, concerning natural health care.
- From 2005 to 2014 I practiced at the “Clinique TAG” located in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
- Dès 2007, j’ai introduit la laser therapy in our clinic in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
- In 2007, I implanted neurovertebral decompression in our clinic in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
- Par ailleurs, j’ai été nommé comme expert par l’Office des professions du Québec pour siéger sur un comité qui a été mis sur pied dans le but de règlementer la pratique de l’ostéopathie au Québec, en 2008.
- In 2010, we opened our first neuro spinal decompression franchise in Laval.
- In addition, I undertook training in functional medicine in 2010.
- Also, in 2011, we opened two other neuro spinal decompression franchises in Montreal and Westmount.
- We established two other neuro-spinal decompression franchises in Quebec City and Gatineau in 2012.
- Also in 2012, we started our new clinic in Laval.
- In addition, we established another neuro spinal decompression franchise in Sherbrooke in 2013.
- In 2014, another clinic in Lachenaie (Terrebonne) this time was started.
- In addition, another neurovertebral decompression franchise opened in Jonquiere in 2015.
- Finally, in 2016, we opened another neurovertebral decompression franchise in Alma.
Competences of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
In addition, Sylvain Desforges osteopath uses a large number of techniques in his practice. Here is a non-exhaustive list:
- First, the Functional Techniques
- General Osteopathic Treatment (GOT)
- Monitoring of structural techniques (High velocity thrust technique)
- Then the neurological treatment (Reflex)
- In addition, therapies for athletes
- Not to mention the ergonomics
- Finally, Posturology
Member of several associations
- ACMA (Canadian Alliance of Alternative Medicine)
- COC (College of Canadian Osteopaths)
- ACODM (Canadian Association of Master Osteopaths)
Languages of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
- French (mother tongue)
- English (mastery)
Interests of Sylvain Desforges osteopath
- Sports: field hockey, soccer, skiing, cycling
- Music: classic rock
- Cinema, reading, nature, motorcycle
Therefore, your osteopath, Sylvain Desforges, has never stopped doing continuing education in order to offer you the most effective treatments possible based on current evidence.
For more details about our clinics, please visit our website www.cliniquetagmed.com