Medical Laser Therapy: Healing at the speed of light
Unlike lasers used in surgery or aesthetics, the therapy in laser or soft laser emits little or no heat and is completely safe because it cannot damage the tissues of the treated area. On the contrary, the concentrated beams of light emitted by the device penetrate 5 to 10 centimeters under the skin and allow for cell regeneration, reduced inflammation and pain relief. In fact, our laser was designed specifically to be used for pain, wounds, injuries, fractures and a variety of neurological conditions.
When your pain is no longer lastingly relieved by physiotherapy, medications or cortisone injections: there is now an effective, powerful, safe and pain-free medical alternative available at our clinic. This new technology is called laser therapy class IV.
How many laser therapy treatments will be required
In general, it takes 3 to 12 visits from laser therapy to obtain lasting relief from acute or chronic pain, swelling and stiffness. Laser therapy treatments are completely painless and very safe.
Although it is possible for damaged cells to heal themselves without the help of the laser soft, the use of the laser therapy can speed up the tissue healing process. A good example of how laser therapy speeds up the healing process can be demonstrated in cases of acute soft tissue trauma. Such an injury involves several elements of the tissue layers below the epidermis, including muscle, nerve, lymphatic and vascular tissues. The natural reaction of the human body following soft tissue trauma is to contain the injury with local inflammation: Inflammation is due to a greater influx of blood into the capillary vessels. Classically, inflammation is manifested by four main signs: redness, heat, swelling (swelling), pain. The inflammatory mechanism involves a large number of substances present in the blood, including many hormones, such as prostaglandins, histamine, complements, cytokines participate in inflammation. This excessive swelling prevents proper circulation in the damaged tissues and two types of pain result:
- The first type of pain is caused by the actual trauma to the injured tissue, while the secondary pain comes from the swelling itself.
- Laser therapy targets the lymphatic system first, as it maintains fluid balance in the body, and the infrared laser light also helps to improve the reabsorption of edema. With laser therapy, swelling is reduced and mobility of the treated area is restored.
Conditions treated with laser :
- Metatarsal fatigue fracture
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Heel Spur
- Ligament tears
- Meniscal tears
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- Tendinitis -Patella alta
- Back pain
- Low back pain
- Cervical, back or lumbar sprain
- Facet syndrome
- Muscle strain (elongation)
- Myofacial pain syndrome
- Friction syndrome of the iliotibial band
- Tibial periostitis
- Tennis Leg
- Groin injury
- Rotator cuff injury
- Carpal tunnel Syndrome
- De Quervain's tenosynovitis
- Jaw joint
- Achilles tendonitis
- Ankle sprain
- Tennis or Golfer's elbow (epicondylitis)
Advantages of the laser therapy
- Relieves acute and chronic pain
- Increased speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
- Increased blood supply
- Stimulates the immune system
- Stimulates nerve function
- Develops collagen and muscle tissue
- Allows the development of new healthy cells
- Promotes healing
- Reduces inflammation
Physiological effects of soft laser:
- Accelerated tissue and bone repair
- Increased collagen production
- Increased vasodilation
- Increases cell metabolism
- Increased microcirculation
- Increased pain threshold
- Reduction of inflammation
- Increased lymphatic response
- Increased enzymatic response
- Reduction of swelling
Our laser in brief:
- Approved by the FDA and Health Canada for the treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Patented technology
- Reimbursed by group insurance
- Reduces inflammation
- Stimulates the functioning of the nervous system
- Based on 12 years of clinical research
The laser therapy is now used by all the major professional sports teams such as baseball, soccer, field hockey and soccer because this advanced treatment is more effective in getting professional athletes back in the game as quickly as possible.
Powerful, fast, and effective healing and pain management
We use the most powerful laser on the market that is both FDA and Health Canada approved. The production of pure infrared laser energy allows for fast treatment times ranging from 1 to 4 minutes. Phenomenal results are achieved quickly making this therapy effective for both the practitioner and the patient.
Practitioners around the world depend on the laser therapy to treat a variety of pain syndromes and conditions.
Improved patient outcomes
The laser we use effectively exploits the advanced technology of class 4 lasers: The perfect combination of power and wavelength ensures exceptional and rapid clinical results as well as safe and comfortable treatments. And unlike other therapies, our laser is safe and effective.
Laser therapy and carpal tunnel syndrome
It is important to note that a member of a licensed professional association will administer the laser treatment.